Saturday, February 25, 2012

Blog #8

               My research paper is on my major, Exercise Science. Exercise science is such a broad field, I feel like it would be useful to look deeper into what jobs are available to those graduating with this degree. And when I say ‘jobs’, I do not mean the normal jobs that anyone can think of for a science major. I am researching the not so traditional jobs in this field as well. I investigate why exercise science is important not only to society but also to me. My major helps society by providing me with the education to get a job that will inevitably help other people. For me, my major will get me a solid job with a good paycheck.
                I interviewed my academic advisor, Margaret Hansard, and she gave me great insight into the many jobs that so few exercise science majors consider when applying to med schools. I also have research in a few books from Strozier Library. They basically explain why the medical field jobs are so important; society would inevitably crash without them. My internet article sources are how I got started; they just explain my major actually is and the most often pursued careers after graduation. My research paper is less of an argument and more an exploratory piece on something that I am very interested in and will directly impact my future in life. I make it clear that Exercise Science is a worthy major to go after because of the  numerously great job possibilities and their impact on the people around us.
Comment for Brian Casale:
Your topic on foriegn policy and how we basically only went into the middle east to help ourselves is a stance that I firmly agree with. This was a great topic becasue one can tell how fired up about it you are. I like that you put the facts out there so that it is hard to disagree with your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment