Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blog #4:Research

When it comes to research for papers and classes, I do not have very much experience. I went through high school with all my teachers scaring us, telling us that in college we would have to write enormous papers on the most dull of topics. Just the word ‘research’ makes me nervous. I prefer writing about things I already know; for example, I like writing about my opinion on things. I guess you could say that just like every other high school and college student I am very lazy. I consider myself lucky because I only had to do one research paper in all my four years. It was called our ‘Senior Research Project’, and one of the most stressful tings I have ever had to do. Unlike now in college, they just told us it had to be ten pages and the due date. There were no drafts or conferences, so basically we all had no idea whether we were doing it right or not. I was lucky because I had a teacher that actually cared about us and helped when we were stressed.
                With that being said, research is not as bad as I made it out to be in my head. In fact, just minutes ago I was researching how to do an impossible chemistry homework problem. I research things on Google all day every day. As long as you give yourself enough time to research, also known as not procrastinating, the work will most likely be enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When writing a research paper it's not like all college students are lazy, actually the majority of us are very proactive the problem is that we hear the term "research paper" and we are already downtrodden from past experiences with research papers. To make it worse, the topic is something that doesn't even interests use. My senior year I was also required to do a senior research project but luckily for me I was able to do it on a topic that really interested me. I sat down for a couple of days and just got to work and I enjoyed most of it because it was something I actually cared about.

    ReplyDelete